Shearing Sports NZ Objectives
Setting quality standards for shearing & woolhandling.
- To co-ordinate, encourage and assist the activities of members having as part of their objects the holding of competitions within New Zealand or internationally.
- To approve individual competitors or the composition of teams which represent New Zealand in international competition.
- To initiate, promote and distribute the holding of competitions by member societies and to organize and coordinate the dates and places of such competitions.
- To promote the art and skill of shearing and woolhandling.
- To promote and encourage an interest in Wool.
- To compile uniform standard rules for competitions and judging.
- To compile a national register of competitors, judges, fix national standards, grade competitors and amend standards.
- To assist with arrangements for overseas competitors to visit New Zealand for the promotion of wool or competition.