Application for membership must be in writing. Membership entitles organisation to SSNZ benefits.
Affiliation levy is $4.00+GST per competitor with a minimum fee of $40.00+GST payable to: The Secretary, Jude McNab, 464 Owaka Valley Road, RD 2, Owaka, The Catlins, 9586.
Affiliated Speed Shears must use registered SSNZ judges. SSNZ judges are permitted to judge at non-affiliated Speed Shears, but should encourage them to be affiliated to SSNZ.
Judges and officials have the right to refuse a competitor, if it is considered their ability is impaired by alcohol or drugs.
Open and Senior grade Speed Shears only. If a Speed Shear wishes to involve Junior and Intermediate grades, it must be a clean shear event.
SSNZ Health & Safety policy will apply to Speed Shear events.
In fairness to competitors every effort should be made to get lambs/sheep as even as possible.
Speed Shear Rules:
- Sheep to be judged standing (unless an obvious misdemeanor underneath) to a pen score of 152 and under. Above 15 is a red light.
- Plucking after time will mean disqualification.
- Time to be taken from cord pull to cord pull if electronic timing is not available
- No false starts (applicable to timing system only)
- Moccasins or suitable footwear must be worn
- Full pizzle, teat and tail crutch is essential.
- Public Liability-all competitions are urged to check their Public Liability and Cover.
Speed Shear Dates
|13th October 2017||Waimate Spring Shears||Eileen Smith||021 2954515|
|13th October 2017||Poverty Bay A&P Gisborne||Ian Kirkpatrick |
|027 434 8241|
06 868 6084
|12th January 2018||Waitete RFC - North Island Speedshear Champs||Jack Fagan||027 4171218|
|13th January 2017||Peninsula Duvauchelle||James Dwyer||027 230 2663|
|13th January 2018||Te Puna||John Dalziel||027 5772632|
|18th January 2018||Railway Hotel, Otautau|
|19th January 2018||Middle Pub, Winton|
|20th January 2018||Colac Bay Hotel|
|27th January 2018||Tapawera Hotel|
|3rd February 2018||Arms Hotel, Reefton||Sam Win||021 732818|
|9th February 2018||Otago Shears, Balclutha||Claire How||027 4717313|
|16th February 2018||Matura Rugby Club|
|1st March 2018||Golden Shears, Masterton||Deb Keats||027 243 8967|
|9th March 2018||Village Inn, Geraldine|
|10th March 2018||Anglers Arm, Sefton|
|5th April 2018||NZ Shearing Champs, Te Kuiti||Ed Morrow||07 873 8899|